Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pig House



This post is dedicated to my family of piggies.

I am employed as a stay at home mom. This means that I stay at home and keep it organized and clean and when the kids get out of school I have snacks waiting for them and we sit down and do homework and read, etc.(IN THEORY)

Don't get me wrong, I do plenty around here but as I sit and look around at my home sweet home, I can't help but think if I got paid for this that I would more than likely be fired. Which brings me to my problem - I don't get paid. This makes it easy for me to justify slacking off. I could sit here and rattle off all my excuses but the one I like best is that as soon as I get the house clean, I have destroyers running behind me and setting little bombs off all over the house. Clothes bombs, toy bombs, trash bombs, school work bombs, etc. This is valid, a valid reason why I am no longer a good housekeeper. Why bother when it will only get wrecked again?

Well, I suppose if for no other reason, than for my sanity. I really need to get my rear in gear and start my "Spring Cleaning". (When you say it like that - "Spring Cleaning", it sounds so refreshing. Like I could enjoy a nice glass of lemonade while I sort through things and tidy it all up. So housewifey of me.)

It's also hard to keep up with important papers from the boys' school. Got a phone call today from the cafeteria lady. She said, "Ms. Cornwell, are you aware that Holden owes $8.50 for school lunches?" Well, no, er uh, I - SO EMBARRASSING! And this is what prompted me to reflect on my piggy ways.
Phone calls from THE CAFETERIA LADY? OK, OK, I hear you God!
1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do the cafeteria ladies have to be such Nazis? Great post Michele.

    ReplyDelete