Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pollyanna


Well, I try, I really do. It would be nice to have a sunny outlook on every single aspect of life. Life is such a blessing! Everyday is a gift and I am so grateful for everything and everyday God gives me. It would be nice to be able to keep up this attitude and never, ever feel sorry for myself or get tired of just stuff happening. Yes, it would be nice BUT HOW? I am looking at the tragedy in Japan and the wars being fought and I think to myself: "I have it amazingly good!" (And this is true) Then there are days like today when it seems like I just keep tripping on my own feet. I used to have this friend and we would say that our day just wasn't flowing. I suppose it's ok once in a while to have off days but what I'm trying to do is really keep things in perspective and I am trying, I really am. Within just the last few days, Matt's AND my car has ended up in the shop and it's never anything simple. But then I hear that little Pollyanna voice in my head say, "At least you have a car to fix." (I really want to slap that girl sometimes.) But she's right and I can't help but think of all those people that are losing their lives and families, and all of their belongings in these natural disasters or the men and women who sacrifice so much for my freedom. So, I'll try and keep all of this in mind when I'm extremely annoyed over the "little" things. I will, I really will.

1 comment:

  1. What really annoys me is people pointing out how much I have to be thankful for when I just want to wallow in my own misery:)

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete