Monday, March 7, 2011

What Do You Mean I'm Not Perfect?

This notion that I should write about my imperfections all started with a Sunday morning message from my pastor. I blame him or maybe I should blame God, since that is where said message came from. He shared a personal story about a past sin and spoke of new beginnings with God. I thought about how all of us have our hang-ups, blemishes, past and future mistakes to always remind us of how IMperfect we are. This is why I am so thankful for God's grace. My whole life up to this point consisted of striving for perfection, and when I finally "got it" that this was a waste of time, well you can imagine what a relief it was. I used to sit in fear that someone wouldn't like me or that I was going to make someone mad if I ever had my own opinion or likes/dislikes that I woke up one day and didn't even know who I was. When I understood that I would never please everyone and that no matter how hard I could ever try to be what everyone wanted me to be, it wasn't going to happen. I wanted to share different scenarios in my life with others and since I had a blog and enjoyed writing on it, I figured I would give this a try. I feel like God wants me to show others that He loves us and is a God of new beginnings. We all do the best we can with what we know. Imperfect people moving through an imperfect world depending on a perfect God to be our guide.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I loved reading your other blog and am excited to see where this goes!

    ReplyDelete