Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gettin' Dunked



He is perfect to me. The "Comedian", The Honor Roll Student,The One Who Likes to Talk (and makes me crazy at times.) The Big Brother (who pushes all the right buttons on his little brother.) The One Who Makes Me Laugh in spite of myself. He is sweet and smart and respectful, but above all these things - He wants to follow Christ and be baptized. He's been asking about it for a while but we wanted to make sure he understood that it means he is choosing Jesus and not just being dunked under water.
Easter Sunday is the big day. Matt and I were both coincidentally baptized on Easter so it's extra special.

There are things in my life I've done and decisions I've made that I'm not proud of, BUT having my children isn't one of them. I am so proud of both of my boys and couldn't be happier that Logan is choosing Jesus.

These moments in life come as such a surprise to me. When Matt and I decided to have a baby, that's exactly all I thought about - a baby. Not that he would grow up, go through different phases, have problems of his own and feelings of his own. Navigating my way through certain lessons that come with growing up has had me wanting to run scared, if I'm being honest. It grips you when you're not expecting it. A simple look or comment can throw my mind into thoughts that I just don't know if I have what it takes to turn this child into a real grown person.

When Logan was ready to do this, I immediately thought of the baby I gave birth to and how I felt in that hospital room, how scared I was that I was responsible for another human life. I know I don't do everything right as a parent but if I can instill a strong faith and love for God in their hearts, then I've done the most important thing of all.

2 comments:

  1. Michele, this is so beautiful. Your boys are so blessed to have you as their mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful..Im visiting from Granny Annie..Bless You and your beautiful family...and Congrats on this precious occasion..!

    ReplyDelete