Saturday, April 2, 2011

Life is a Highway?


"Life is a highway... I want to ride it all night long." sings Rascal Flatts on the car radio. Holden loves this song and wants me to turn it up every time. I like this song too but let's face it - it's a load of bull.

My version: "Life is a highway... and then you take the wrong exit, drive down a scary street and have to lock all your doors, then you end up on some gravel road because you're night blind and you hit a few pot holes, so now you have a flat tire and have to call AAA... lalalalalala."

It's true but it's not as catchy.

My life has been a series of my version of that song. You're going along in life and you have to make a decision and sometimes you make the wrong one so it can get pretty scary, you then take measures to protect yourself but because you don't have the right tools, you end up worse off then ever. Now you find yourself stuck and finally you call on God.

I don't know how many times I've done this. You would think that after a few (quite a few) wrong exits or flat tires, I would learn to just keep God right there in the driver's seat while I enjoy the ride in the passenger's seat. I'm getting a little smarter, I have a membership with God's services and carry my card every day. It says:
"I sent My SON to die on a cross for you. I think I can handle this: call on ME."

Hey, does that mean Carrie Underwood is way smarter than Rascal Flatts? She sings "Jesus Take the Wheel." (I'm so clever.)

1 comment:

  1. Please don't ever let go and scream "Jesus take the wheel"! They did not have cars in His day and all he could drive was a donkey. Just let Him guide you spiritually please:)

    ReplyDelete