Monday, April 4, 2011

I Do Believe I Was Just "Humored"!


You know how you're going along, being yourself and never thinking you could ever be a nuisance to anyone? No? Well then, pay attention to people because chances are someone has humored you. And I don't mean made you laugh, I mean tolerated a moment with you. One of my favorite shows of all time is Seinfeld. There is an episode where Jerry's mom can't believe that someone doesn't like Jerry and Jerry really can't believe it either. That is how I feel most of the time, like who couldn't like me? I'm funny, silly, happy (most of the time - at least as far as you know) and just an all around neat gal (if I do say so myself). Who knew that there are people out there who could care less?
Well, this realization happened to me the other day when I was chatting it up with someone and she just starts backing away and giving me that polite smile with the added "chuckle", and there I was thinking I'm so funny and charming. It was nothing I noticed right away. Things like this are subtle and oh-so nonchalant. But, come on - we've all been there. Someone starts talking to you and you're busy and really don't have time to chat, so you "humor" them for a sec while politely backing away until they get the hint. (Because you're too wimpy to just say - I'm busy, I can talk more later.) Well, I got the hint now you back-a-wayer!
To be fair, it may not be that I'm not liked, (although it's a definite possibility- who knows?) perhaps they just don't have time to hear me rattle on and on. Either way, now that I think about it, I'm fine with it - I am who I am. ( Got that piece of wisdom from Popeye.) Really though, I may not be everyone's cup of tea but that's OK with me.

Romans 8:31 - What then, shall we say in response to this? IF GOD IS FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?

Take that whoever you are that doesn't like me past, present or future! (Although, I just can't imagine it!) :-)

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is because you don't really know what Popeye said. He said, "I Yam what I Yam"....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a YAM? Ha just kidding - yes perhaps that is why. :)

    ReplyDelete