Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hiding Places


MOM! MOM! MOM! MOOOOOOOM! One little word that said over and over again will lead me to need a hiding place. I have one too... my closet. It's a nice size but also cozy. It's located in my master bathroom and I can lock that door. I love being a wife and mother but there are those days when I feel like I can't take a breath. The daily routines in life can sometimes overwhelm me and I need just a few minutes of solace with God to calm me down so I can focus on what's important. I used to feel guilty about this but not anymore. It sounds strange and probably looks even stranger that a grown woman sits in her bedroom closet to get away from it all but I don't care. I've learned it's the only place in my house that "the others" won't bother me. (Probably because it is strange and they think I've lost it.) - Let them think whatever they want. It's what I call a preemptive strike so mom doesn't have to go to war.

1 comment:

  1. I had a "hiding place" too. It was called 4:30 AM. That was my time to have the entire house to myself before the children were awake. Every mom needs a hiding place without having to make apologies.

    ReplyDelete