Tuesday, April 5, 2011

OverwHELLmed

Life is a journey and some days the journey is glorious but some days the journey has you going through the pit of hell and you just feel overwhelmed.
I decided to write this blog because I had this feeling that could have only come from God, that people (especially women and even more so moms) have the disease to please and a need to show people that they have it all together. Well, this is exhausting when life can be exhausting enough all by itself without trying to prove something. I have to be honest with everything as I write so that I can honor God as I intended in doing this. Keeping it real (as I often say) which means showing off the good, bad and ugly.
I have opened up my thoughts and aspects of my life to show others that we are not always what we seem.
These are my myths:
I keep my home so clean and organized everyday. I never struggle to stay on a schedule. I never worry about the kids getting their homework done and having enough time for baseball or karate. My kids are always well behaved and I never raise my voice or freak out. I fix dinner every night and we always eat at the table as a family. The kids are always in bed by 8:30 and we read every night. I never fight with my husband. I could go on and on I'm sure. I will say that I strive to do right by my family but our life is not picture perfect.
Right now I am struggling with a new schedule that consists of working again a couple of days a week (YEA!), baseball which was added for Holden and has thrown a wrench into Logan's karate practice days. He was Tues. and Thurs. and now is Mon. and Wed. (Now I have something almost every night - I do NOT know how people do it that have their kids in more than one activity or have multiple kids in activities!) Matt is almost finished with tax time - YES! So I know this is temporary, but in this crazy moment I want to share pictures of what my house looks like these days. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment